HOME PAGE (CLICK HERE)





******* READ ABOUT: Little Rock's Newest Corrupt Police Chief Kenton Buckner *******


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Racist Cop David Edgmon Reinstated- Comments & Reactions:

Updated: 12-18-2010 3:30 pm CST


My THV Comments
READ REACTIONS TO THIS STORY



Preview



User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
roflmao......Mr think you are smart are makeing a lot of assumptions. First, I did not say minoritys are the problem. That is your assumption of what you believe is the meaning of what I said. Second, I never said there was not inequality between the different races. Yes there is inequality. I have not disputed that point. Third the saying of "trash breeds trash" is for all peoples. I said the minority groups continue segregation by not becomeing part of something larger than thier particular minority group by teaching thier childeren to distrust and suspect anything that may be precieved as an action against them because of what they were taught by thier family/social group.
You, JonnyJustice, want to twist what I say into your own preception of the black race because I dont agree with labeling anything with a color/race. As I have said, placeing a race label on anything then makes it a racial whatever regardless of what it says it stands for.
By placeing a race or color in the name of whatever is nothing more than a taking advantage of the preceptions of that group.
Just like the Black officer that lied and falsified a report was only suspended, but the White officer that made a bad choice of words while intoxicated is crucified because of the word he used. The BPOA did/said nothing against the black officer but stands up against a white officer calling him a rasist.
This is just like you calling me a rasist because I do not agree with what you have said and are part of.
So again, Good luck with your color blind, racial, preception of people of a different race.
12/18/2010 12:49 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
im pretty sure in ANY kind of organization race is definitly NOT a factor.. Where did u look that up??? Everyone can clearly see Yeh you didnt say it direct but thats what you were getting at with the whole "trash breeds trash" and " once a negro always a negro" i mean who really says that kind of stuff?? All this undercover racist and sugar coating is gettin old, Is it really hard to believe??? I mean you sir need to wake up, Growing up as a minority in America is different, point blank, I'VE WATCHED MY WHOLE LIFE AND SEEN THAT MINORITES DO NOT GET TREATED THE SAME. Now, call me a liar, i'll write and drop a book so quick to wake up YOUR closed mind sir.... You sir are a hypocrit, all the things you have called us, Thats you!!!!! lol, Its either you stand up for whats right or sit back and SHUT UP and take it from the rear. Not us!!!! What percentage are minorites in the house of representatives or holds a senate seat.... Im quite tired of this Angry White Man Syndrome ever since Obama took office.
12/18/2010 12:36 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Nemesis - "it is not because of people like me that school scores are so low. It seems that most minority groups feel the need to have a support group (thier community) of like minded people that unto itself continues a segregated society by raising there childeren to only accept those of their minority group. So in doing that they perceive what ever they are going threw outside thier minority group as racial and rebel against any change to themselves. i.e. the saying of trash breeds trash because they can not over come thier own preceptions of themselves. They have to blame whatever is bad in thier community on the majority and say it is because the majority are racist." see u are only talking about minorities here then u try to cat like u weren't? I can read. U were talking bout minorities and then said they, as if they and minorities are the same then comes "trash breeds trash"...Nemesis = 2010 Racism (Trying to trick minorities into believing they are the problem) Now that Obama is President the new fad is to try to act like whites are oppressed. But those of us who live in the real world know that most political, social and economic power still lies in the hands of members of the white race. To be perfectly honest black people wish organizations like the BPOA and the Black Congressional caucus were not necessary, but the fact is they are necessary and have been necessary every since the first black slave was brought to America
12/18/2010 10:48 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Racists who don't want to be perceived as racist usually try to use terms that are as close to racial slur as possible without actually crossing the line. Why not just use the racial slur? good question. Because they do not want to expose their bias while arguing because then what they say will appear tainted to the world and therefore discarded as radical or extreme. This is exactly what nemesis has done here. "Once a Negro always a Negro" seriously why would that be appropriate in this situation even if u did switch the word "nig**r" with "Negro". The sentiment was meant to be offensive enough to warrant a response, in which case you get to try to prove another point that blacks are too sensitive. Good job on not saying "nig**r", but I know what u meant. And I know u are racist. Your verbal gymnastics don't fool anyone for second. It's easy to see that point out all the problems with the black police officers association but fail to address the problem which prompted groups like that to come into existence. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. And don't tell me that if these groups are no more that racism and inequality will magically go away. If that were true these associations would have never existed.
12/18/2010 10:29 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Here you go again making things up, nobody was denied, if so give me a name and a reference so we can check and mke sure you are not lying. And as far as the black caucus, white shave been welcome to come. Bill Clinton Often attends these types of black forums, and he is welomed because he wants to solve the problem of inequlity. U must lie in this situation though, I understand why....because if u find out the truth...that non-black members are not rejected then your whole argument falls to pieces. If you actually do research you would find out that what you call a segregationist group is not segregated and not exclusive to black people. Any race can become a member as long as they believe in the cause which is equality. If u had it your way, minorities would never coordinated together and much of the change we enjoy today would have never happened. And that is just a fact history proves me right no need to make up facts as I go along to support my argument. If it wasn't for the NAACP we would not be close to equality as we are now, or do u deny that fact as well?
12/18/2010 10:08 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
Sorrt sir (JohnnyJustice)I did not say minoritys are trash. What I did say was "trash breeds trash" and the can be equated to all races of people. You ASSUME I am speaking against minoritys.
What I said is when you create an organization and place a race requirment on membership, that organization becomes a racial organization regardless of what it says it is fighting for.
It is the same as the Black Cacus legislature association, which by the way a "white" man did try to join and was denied because of his race. The same is true for the Black Police Officers Association. It is labeled "BLACK" for blacks and about blacks. The association has not stood against any black officers and has actually protected bad black police officers. An organization that truely wants to promote equality would promote itself without regard to race because racism exist in all races of people (black, white, brown, yellow or red.....)
The point being is by labeling an organization with a color/race it becomes racial. Call it an attack, but it is what it is......racial.
You call it "activism" while others call it racism. Good luck with your color blind, racial, preception of people of a different race.
12/18/2010 9:46 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
and are you even certain that they wouldn't allow a non-black person in the association or are you just assuming? Do you actually know anyone who was denied membership into the black police officers association? I don't think you do. If a white officer wanted to join the black officers in fighting for equality I'm sure they would be welcomed, just like when non-black people were brought into the folds of the civil rights movement. You might have a tiny bit of an argument if you can find white officer who was denied membership but I doubt you will. You are basing your argument on an assumption not a fact. Has there ever been a white officer to even try to get into the black police officers association. These are questions you might want to find answers to before you run off at the mouth
12/18/2010 12:03 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
It's not called racis it's called activism and you did attack minorities calling them "Trash". U also attacked the black police officers association, a group dedicated to achieving the goal of equality. An Example of a real racist group would be the kkk, which does not seek equality but supremacy.
12/17/2010 11:55 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
You 2 guys are very typical of the whole racial issue. I have not attacked or defended any race of people. Only point out that these organizations become racial when they admit only a particular race and fight for a particular race, that sir is called racism.
Good luck with your ignorant rants.
12/17/2010 9:41 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
hahah u caught that too???? the part where he was talking about passing on his knowledge to his kids and going off what his daddy taught him? his first comment after ours is self explanitory, I read his words but i see through them. Theres always somebody trying to make something from nothing and bite off our feed it isnt nothing new. I mean who actually puts themself on blasts saying they dont even go to church or support anything that segregation has involvment with.
12/17/2010 10:21 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com

User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
Did he have involvment with any alien beings to receive such information? His definition might not be right ever think that??? Everything is stronger in numbers sir, u have to think outside the box...when a racist comes into your life sir I hope you have a rude awakening like we did so you can wake up and UNDERSTAND instead of critisize. LOL let me tell u dude your theory isnt going to work, the world doesnt revolve around you, your a little spec like myself it doesnt revolve around ONE persons beliefs, fight the evil inside yourself? sounds like a personal problem really, yeh u can teach your kids what you know, wont be much...
12/17/2010 10:15 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
I have to say nemesis' comments seem to display a hatred for minorities. Trash breeds trash? Once a Negro always a Negro? Seems like he is trying to be racist without actually saying something racist. It seems like he or she sees all the problems with minorities and no problems with whites. I guess whites make the world perfect and minorities are destructive because we actually want equality in the country we are citizens of....
12/17/2010 10:15 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
It's naive to believe that we could have come as far as we have if minorities did not convene and get on the same page in order to achieve the agenda of equality. You might as well say Martin Luther King was racist because most of the people he marched with were people of color. This "Blame the victim" strategy is the new tactic of the 2010 racist. "If a minority points out your racism, just call them a racist for noticing." lol. this sentiment is all over the conservative but it is simply a straw man argument. Like "If a black officer used a racial slur to a white man this wouldn't happen" These are hypothetical scenarios that do not address the issue at hand. Attacking the Black Police Officers Association is a distraction from the real problem, which is racism in the Little Rock Police Force and a Civil Service Commission condoning racially charged abuse by a police officer. The so called "racial group" is standing up for what is just, and in doing so benefiting the community as a whole.
12/17/2010 10:08 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
For illsupport, it is not because of people like me that school scores are so low. It seems that most minority groups feel the need to have a support group (thier community) of like minded people that unto itself continues a segregated society by raising there childeren to only accept those of their minority group. So in doing that they perceive what ever they are going threw outside thier minority group as racial and rebel against any change to themselves. i.e. the saying of trash breeds trash because they can not over come thier own preceptions of themselves. They have to blame whatever is bad in thier community on the majority and say it is because the majority are racist.
Good luck in life in your racialy closed mind.
12/17/2010 9:57 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
And for JohnnyJustice, I am not portraying them as anything or comparing them to anything. I am saying that ANY organization (even the Black Police Officers Organization) that has to "LABEL" itself with a race and limit its members to a specific race, it then becomes a racial organization. It supports segregation by its inequality of name and membership regardless of what it says it does.
You my note agree with what I say, but what I say is the truth. The truth of what you say, what you do, what you are, what you belong to will set you free from all misguided atempts at equality.
12/17/2010 9:37 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
ROFL....you people make me laugh. You think I feel threatened by a black man in any position of authority or life in general? NOT! You think I feel threatened by a white man in any position of authority or life in general? NOT! You think because you create a group that is limited to a specific race of people that race is gaining in eqality and not a racial entity? NOT! You think that "white" people are the only race of people that have slavery history? NOT!
I dont claim to speak for anyone but myself. I dont claim to represent any race of people but myself. I dont need to belong to any racialy segregated group to know who and what I am. I will not and have not belonged to any group or organization or support any group or organization that has any form of segregation!
My father for many years held 2 church services every sunday. One in a all white church and the second in a all black church. It is from my father that I learned the meaning of segregation and racism. During that time I would not attend either service because the people of both churches could not come together as one peoples in the worship of God. I saw this as wrong and as soon as I could, I left that community. That community is still segregated today.
So call me what ever you want. Categorize me, label me, stereo type me all you want, I know that the only way to fight rasism is to fight the evilness of my soul that I was born into and instill that same belief/understanding into my children.
You can not change rasism by becoming or creating a racial oriented organization because you then become as bad as what you say you are fighting against!
12/17/2010 9:17 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Wow, are you really trying to portray the Black Police Officers As some kind of racist organization? Like the KKK? The reason groups like the Black Police Officers Association exist is to promote and pursue equality. If the majority(white people) would treat minorities equally the Black, Hispanic and Asian associations wouldn't exist. The reason the White Police Officers Association doesn't exist is because they wouldn't have a need to coordinate together to fight to be treated equally to minorities. In all seriousness white people have been at the top off the food chain since America was established as a country. Minorities are still fighting for equal pay, benefits and treatment as white Officers even in the POLICE DEPARTMENT. This a classic display of the Obama Era Angry white man syndrome, instead of living in world that is equal, you would rather live in a world where white men dominate socially, politically and economically. YOU see people fighting for equality and the thought of them succeeding is threatening. You have to stop and think, why are you opposing these groups? If they re on the side of equality, then that must mean you are on the side of inequality.
12/17/2010 8:13 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
a closed mouth dont get fed nothing sir, and yes racisim is still alive and well down here, your just blind or choose to ignore it... Nowadays its when somebody trys to stand up and do something right we are critized to the fullest for doing so, Get ready we are not going anywhere.
12/17/2010 4:59 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA its people like you sir, is why our school scores are so low and we have unaccounted millions in our schools. If you would pick your head up out of the gutter and KNOW YOUR HISTORY kind sir, You'd know that the white people never treated any race in history with respect. We were slaves, and if there was NEVER any past enslavement of anybody besides white THERE WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM! Learn something about the world and not just your Arkansas education man. We would have never needed ANY associations if we were treated equal from the start is all im saying. U NEED TO GROW UP AND ACTUALLY USE YOUR BRAIN SIR THIS IS ABOUT PEOPLE BEING TREATED EQUAL NOT JUST RASICIM, GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA THE DUMPS ITS 2011 WE ARE NOT SCARED OF YALL ANYMORE
12/17/2010 4:55 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
Negro Definition is......
–noun
1. Anthropology . a member of the peoples traditionally classified as the Negro race, esp. those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa: no longer in technical use.
–adjective
2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, generally marked by brown to black skin pigmentation, dark eyes, and woolly or crisp hair and including esp. the indigenous peoples of Africa south of the Sahara.
3. being a member of the black peoples of humankind, esp. those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa. 
12/16/2010 6:24 CST on TodaysTHV.com
 
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
Once a Negro, always a Negro! Or is that to strong of a word. Read the definition of Negro before you start your racial rant!
12/16/2010 6:20 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
I hae said it a million times. When you place a "color" on something such as "Black Police Officers Association" and limit membership to a certain race of people, you have created a racial issue.
You (this organization) say you fight rasism but in doing so you become what you are fighting against by only fighting against people of other ethnic groups in the name of protect your own ethnic group.

Was what this officer said wrong? Yes it was. Was it bad enough to warrant being fired? No it wasnt! These black officers that have the racial chip on thier shoulder, complaining about this white officer, should also be fired for being racaily stupid.
12/16/2010 6:18 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
chillipalmer wrote:
What the cop said was over the line no doubt and nope he shouldn't have gotten his job back. The other point I tried to make is that all these seperate groups just keep the idea of race and gender seperation in the for front and the only way to get past that is to remove ALL racial, gender and sexual orrientation dividers that seem to be active in society.
12/15/2010 5:08 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
Arkansas itself has a racist problem, I've lived in 3 continents, seen over 30 US states and this has been the worst place I've lived with people who have a problem with other because of what we wear or our skin... not speaking for just blacks, im speaking for asians, mexicans, any other minority race. We are not just picking on David he just put himself out there, and we are exposing it for what It is. Racisim needs to stop and I thought police were the good guys, I guess not. We fail as people when we cant work with each other for a better cause, ALOT of people seem to just see the little things about it all. This is 2010 about to be 2011 I suggest you all wake up, if you cant keep it real WE WILL.
12/15/2010 4:54 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
This is a matter of a person who called himself a Law Enforcment Officer using a racial slang or slur if you would to a young group of artist promoting their music. He was wrong on how we handled the situation and GUESS WHAT EVERYBODY????? THERE IS CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS IF YOU DIDNT KNOW!! They teach you as a little kid to THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, THERE WAS A CAMERA IN HIS FACE..... thats just lack of knowledge on his part, He shoulda asked his family ties for advice before thinking hes a big shot
12/15/2010 4:49 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
chilli go tell the NAACP that, REV will be here to shut you down too
12/15/2010 4:38 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
boltsfan wrote:
also, legalize it and we wouldn't have these dumb problems. Single biggest waste of money, enforcing laws against smoking a plant anyone can grow in their back yard.
12/15/2010 1:36 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
boltsfan wrote:
You get what you pay for Little Rock. Our city budget for law enforcement officials is one of the lowest in the country. What kind of cops did you expect you were going to attract? Cops in other larger cities make upwards of $100,000 a year and rightly so. Increase the budget and you might attract some more decent people.
12/15/2010 1:32 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
moonpie56 wrote:
Wonder if this Edgmon moron feels very much like a fool or just sorta. With all the publicity and attention to his starring role in the video, just how comfortable is he with going back on the job? We should have his input on this, since it's him we're discussing. I've been watching for him down at the RM but haven't recognized him yet.
12/15/2010 1:23 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
moonpie56 wrote:
I agree chilli and hmmt225.
12/15/2010 9:46 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
Once a Negro, always a Negro! Or is that to strong of a word. Read the definition of Negro before you start your racial rant!
12/16/2010 6:20 CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
I hae said it a million times. When you place a "color" on something such as "Black Police Officers Association" and limit membership to a certain race of people, you have created a racial issue.
You (this organization) say you fight rasism but in doing so you become what you are fighting against by only fighting against people of other ethnic groups in the name of protect your own ethnic group.

Was what this officer said wrong? Yes it was. Was it bad enough to warrant being fired? No it wasnt! These black officers that have the racial chip on thier shoulder, complaining about this white officer, should also be fired for being racaily stupid.
12/16/2010 6:18 CST on TodaysTHV.com


User Image
chillipalmer wrote:
What the cop said was over the line no doubt and nope he shouldn't have gotten his job back. The other point I tried to make is that all these seperate groups just keep the idea of race and gender seperation in the for front and the only way to get past that is to remove ALL racial, gender and sexual orrientation dividers that seem to be active in society.
12/15/2010 5:08 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
Arkansas itself has a racist problem, I've lived in 3 continents, seen over 30 US states and this has been the worst place I've lived with people who have a problem with other because of what we wear or our skin... not speaking for just blacks, im speaking for asians, mexicans, any other minority race. We are not just picking on David he just put himself out there, and we are exposing it for what It is. Racisim needs to stop and I thought police were the good guys, I guess not. We fail as people when we cant work with each other for a better cause, ALOT of people seem to just see the little things about it all. This is 2010 about to be 2011 I suggest you all wake up, if you cant keep it real WE WILL.
12/15/2010 4:54 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
This is a matter of a person who called himself a Law Enforcment Officer using a racial slang or slur if you would to a young group of artist promoting their music. He was wrong on how we handled the situation and GUESS WHAT EVERYBODY????? THERE IS CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS IF YOU DIDNT KNOW!! They teach you as a little kid to THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, THERE WAS A CAMERA IN HIS FACE..... thats just lack of knowledge on his part, He shoulda asked his family ties for advice before thinking hes a big shot
12/15/2010 4:49 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
ILLSUPPORT69 wrote:
chilli go tell the NAACP that, REV will be here to shut you down too
12/15/2010 4:38 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
boltsfan wrote:
also, legalize it and we wouldn't have these dumb problems. Single biggest waste of money, enforcing laws against smoking a plant anyone can grow in their back yard.
12/15/2010 1:36 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
boltsfan wrote:
You get what you pay for Little Rock. Our city budget for law enforcement officials is one of the lowest in the country. What kind of cops did you expect you were going to attract? Cops in other larger cities make upwards of $100,000 a year and rightly so. Increase the budget and you might attract some more decent people.
12/15/2010 1:32 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
moonpie56 wrote:
Wonder if this Edgmon moron feels very much like a fool or just sorta. With all the publicity and attention to his starring role in the video, just how comfortable is he with going back on the job? We should have his input on this, since it's him we're discussing. I've been watching for him down at the RM but haven't recognized him yet.
12/15/2010 1:23 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
moonpie56 wrote:
I agree chilli and hmmt225.
12/15/2010 9:46 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
chillipalmer wrote:
The following (which may get red lined again by the over eager on the abuse button)is exactly what I said and that got redlined:

Until these Black, Italian or what have you "clubs or groups or racial identifiers" are taken out of the mix this is going to continue a cycle of fraction between different groups. The only time any of it should be used is when your describing a past events like the Irish potato famine or the Native American tribes or slaves of African heritage ext..... It has no place in business.
Having said that I don't agree with the cop's racial slurs nor with a The Little Rock Black Police Officer Association or The Little Rock Womens Police Officer Association (or what ever its called). It needs to just be The Little Rock Police Officer Association or what have you.
12/14/2010 2:44 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
BENDER9 wrote:
What is the purpose of the black officers association? And what are the membership requirements?Also did the officer have a contract with the department stating he could not say he is an officer with their department? I have one of those agreements but is only covers me as not being able to represent my self in a professional sense when off duty. I think what he did was wrong but it was not something he should have been fired for. He should have had a sit down and a panel discuss repremands
User Image
hmmt225 wrote:
DateBS4sho - Sorry to inform you, but there is no difference between the two. It is a matter of integrity...nothing more. As I said, I do not condone the actions of Officer Edgmon. They showed poor judgment and bad taste. The other LRPD Officer, who FALSIFIED an OFFICIAL police accident report also had poor judgment, not to mention that another word for FALSIFY is LIE! I do not believe that Officer Edgmon ever lied about his actions or tried to cover it up and in the end he received 30 days of no-pay. The Officer who LIED and attempted to cover his tracks with a LIE received only 15 days of no-pay. Whenever it comes to integrity, there is no difference. Just as there is no difference in stealing a car or a pack of gum....a thief is a thief. A racist cannot defined by the color of their skin, but by their actions and what they say.
12/14/2010 1:33 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
MONTANA6X6 wrote:
Another racist stupid cop keeps his job. Way to go. Ever wonder why you can't shake that image the rest of the country has of Arkansas?
12/14/2010 12:53 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
chillipalmer wrote:
Warning: There are people on here that have several profiles on thv. That means that just one person can get your comment red-lined. I have been told it takes just three reports from "different" people and you comment is red lined.
12/14/2010 11:31 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
chillipalmer wrote:
Well at least we now know who is the one reporting those that don't agree with his view.
12/14/2010 10:57 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
datsBS4sho wrote:
Comparing a traffic report and making a hateful racial slur is as different as night and day. You could have saved that. That is such an weak example of how to defend an public racist for his actions. What a laugh. Not only LoL but LomfL.
12/14/2010 10:39 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
chillipalmer wrote:
I got red lined for saying that I don't condone his actions and that I don't think that there should be anything other than just The Little Rock Police Association? Sounds like some racist doesn't like the truth! Oh and this is copied.
12/14/2010 10:07 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
hmmt225 wrote:
Before I begin, I will say that in no way do I condone the behavior of Officer Edgmon.

But can someone with the LRPD Black Police Officers Assoc. tell us what is the difference in an off-duty white police officer expressing a racial slur, being dragged through the mud and in the end receiving 30 days suspension without pay and an off-duty black officer, who gets in a traffic accident, where he was at fault and then he is able to convince the driver that he will take care of it. When he returns to duty the next day, he creates a traffic accident report and indicates the innocent driver as the one at fault. This off-duty black officer was NOT fired and only received a 15 day suspension without pay. Can you tell me what is the difference? I think a "sober liar" is worse than saying a "drunken racial slur", but that's my opinion.
12/14/2010 9:30 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
datsBS4sho wrote:
Yes....there is a White Police Officer Association and its called the Civil Service Commission appointed/created by the mayor of Little Rock....Duh.???
12/14/2010 9:17 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
amazingw wrote:
Get over it. There will always be someone who hurts one's feelings. It's a mean and hateful world out there.
12/14/2010 9:13 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
YourNemisis wrote:
Where is the Little Rock White Police Officers association? Or would an organization with that name be called racial? Stupid people cause racial issues in the name of fighting rasism.
12/14/2010 7:37 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Garrys wrote:
It is all BS..was he wrong, yes, BUT..I can only imagine what those who are complaining have said while either ON the job OR off concerning blacks/whites/Hispanics or any other race.
Grow up and grow some....this whole racism crap is just that...and who are the worse?? YOU figure it out! It ain't that hard to do....
12/14/2010 7:21 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
pastcop wrote:
OK,here is how it is. If the blacks can call each other that word. Then they have given everyone the right to use it. And another thing . Is there a white officers association? Why not?
12/14/2010 6:38 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Jeff01 wrote:
I am surprised that any citizen of these United States would ever say that another citizen should lose any of their "rights". Yet they would be the first to scream if their "rights" were violated. This thing of a 'thought police' is contrary to the first amendment, it does not matter whether it is against the Government or not. The next thing to come is that your preacher will not be able to preach the Bible because it is offensive to someone else. What Jesus say to the Hebrews was offensive to them. Oh thats right we aren't supposed to say "Merry Christmas" either are we.

Now was the conduct of the officer in question out of line? Yes. Does it rise to the level of causing him to lose his job that is another matter. Are their racist in government work? Yes again and it isn't limited to just white people.

As long as there are organizations who are looking to punish people for their thought and words instead of trying to educate people, you are not going to change a thing.
12/14/2010 5:31 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Sherrythv wrote:
The first amendment only protects a citizen's right to free speech from the government and, even then, doesn't allow you to make certain threats or use some types of objectionable language. Employers have the right to demand and enforce certain standards of speech and behavior, both on and off the job. And, then there is plain common sense which should tell one not to do dumb things that may cause one to lose one's job.
12/14/2010 12:08 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
PaigePerfect wrote:
And this is who is on patrol? I sure do feel safe!
12/14/2010 12:04 AM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
mrwhitefolks1 wrote:
When he identified himself as an officer he gave all his free speech rights away. With that job comes certain responsibilities. There are too many organizations looking for someone to mess up. You can't say those things in public anymore. Too many politically correct folks these days.
12/13/2010 10:54 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
gtrplr67 wrote:
It's all about freedom of speech, people. Agree with what he said or not, 1st amendment applies for everyone.
12/13/2010 7:58 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
gottaget's comment has been removed for violating the terms of service.
User Image
mimidoll wrote:
he is just an ignorant police officer that has managed to make the force one way or another. He has no business being a police officer, he has no breeding, or he would not have behaved the way he did. He should not have a job on the street. If the dept. wants to keep him, put his butt behind a desk where he does not interact with the public.
12/13/2010 7:26 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
fireman2880 wrote:
i use to be an officer myself on duty or off u are held to a high standard. i am white and feel he was fired for the right reason. the commision over turned it that is there right but the cheif had every right to fire him. everyone should be treated equal the only different between me and a black person is skin we have the same body and organs i have respect for black white and all others. i feel lrpd cheif did his job right by firing him. my thing is if he does it again should be fired and not get his job back at all
12/13/2010 7:07 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
Recommended (16)
User Image
chillipalmer's comment has been removed for violating the terms of service.
User Image
d1337's comment has been removed for violating the terms of service.
User Image
NancyZ wrote:
Funny. I wonder what would of happened if it was a black cop who used a racial slur against a white person?

Oh, wait. I already know that answer. NOTHING.
12/13/2010 6:32 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
bfpdb wrote:
What does the White police assoc think about this, and yes i think the Black police assoc is racist or there wouldnt be anything except a police assoc.
12/13/2010 6:29 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
bigtbird wrote:
NOBODY who is ignorant enough to get themselves caught on videotape, being publicly drunk and belligerent in the River Market (even without the racist overtones) should be allowed to keep a job as a Little Rock Police Officer. I don't care whether he's (or she's) white, black, or purple -- STUPID is STUPID and that's NOT a good characteristic for a POLICE OFFICER!!!

Even if his big brothers are both Conway Police, I agree with the LR Police Chief -- this guy should be guarding the parking lot at the mall, at best.
12/13/2010 6:20 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
RevFrank wrote:
I think there are a lot of people trying to pull one of those ‘good old boy’ tricks and entrap this cop, he was badgered into a pizzing contest, and it was the intent of the person that recorded this to embarrass the cop. You can’t cause an issue and then report it like you were an innocent bystander. The supposed victims instigated the situation, and the cop got played. Goes to show what extent someone will go to trash someone else.
12/13/2010 6:16 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
md690 wrote:
The only thing racist about this article is the "Black Police Officers Association". I dare KTHV to address this story and report it for what it is, racism. There is no "White Police Officers Association". That would be racist. Just imagine if all the white officers joined the "Black Police Officers Association" they could probably vote in all white association offiers for this racist organization. Don't tell me this group does not let white officers join because of their race. Surely not. They need to go hire Mr. Wlaker, hey? Racism is a two edged sword and this racist group should be eliminated. Go ahead KTHV. I chalenge you to follow up on this group. You think any of them have ever used the term "redneck". In some cicles that is a racist term.
12/13/2010 3:42 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
moonpie56 wrote:
I just emailed Stodola, couldn't find the right link at LRPD for my inquiry. Maybe it will be passed around until someone has that just right answer.
12/13/2010 3:34 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Ivey-mike wrote:
I could care less except for the racist segregation it seems to imply. I don't go to Little Rock that much. I'm just so tired of racism from both sides. I live in a black neighborhood. I have some of the best neighbors a man could have. I think I'm blessed to live here.
12/13/2010 3:24 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
moonpie56 wrote:
Ivymike, take the lead here and find that out for us. Just kiddin. I agree, the segregatin of certain officers within the dept creates bad vibes to start with.

Someone email Ebone Monet and ask her to dig a bit into this segregation while she's on the case.
12/13/2010 2:44 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
BENDER9 wrote:
If any one says they have never ever made a comment they regret they are most likely lying. We are all racist by nature and it takes education to take that away, espc. for those that were raised by racist parents. Oh and why is there a black officers association? That sounds racists also.
12/13/2010 2:10 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Ivey-mike wrote:
What does the White Police officers association think about this.
12/13/2010 1:56 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
gurrando3a6 wrote:
Now how many of these Saints have never spoken a word they regretted?They sound like a bunch of Hypocrytes.I do not condone what he did while drunk and running his moutf but most of us have done similar things.Get over it and let the guy prove he made a mistake.
12/13/2010 1:53 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
themattb wrote:
Oh, and that dude should not have been reinstated. I know his kind, though. It won't be long until he'll screw up again.
12/13/2010 1:40 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
themattb wrote:
They also have a women police officer association. That's what is wrong with that department--too many little cliques. If you are an officer, you are an officer; there's no need to segregate yourself within your own organization.
12/13/2010 1:39 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Lumberman_63 wrote:
Little Rock Police Black Police Officers Association. So let me get this right, you have a black only association within the department upset because this guy said what he said? You've got to be kidding me!!! Not that I think his remarks were becoming of an officer...
I cannot understand how anyone could possibly think LRPBOA isn't just as raciest as the one they're pointing fingers at... Or even more so....
12/13/2010 1:35 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com
User Image
Lumberman_63 wrote:
So what?
12/13/2010 1:25 PM CST on TodaysTHV.com

1 comment:

  1. Racism goes both ways. I am originally from Florida, Jax to be exact. I have to say that city is too large to be worrying over these things. However, I have found that the color of my skin does dictate how I will be treated. I am a white female and truth be told since being here I have had more harrassment and descriminatory actions taken against me here than anywhere else. No matter what racism is a problem on both sides of the fence and Arkansas needs to step up and recognise this fact.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to email your tips, corrections and/or comments to: fraud101@gmail.com please indicate if you wish to remain anonymous or otherwise. We will post your comment without edit.

Most Popular Posts On Corruption Sucks Blog